Junior Project Manager – 3 years’ experience
Job Category: Junior Project Manager
Type: Permanent Role
Salary: Competitive Rates
Location: Dublin and Waterford
Carron + Walsh is expanding its Project Management Team for existing and upcoming projects and is looking for suitable candidates with site experience for the position of Junior Project Manager, in our Dublin and Waterford offices. Candidates will assist our Senior Project Management Team in their typical daily duties which may include:
- Working as part of the construction project management team in the delivery of projects.
- Acting in an administration / client representative capacity.
- Ability to survey and prepare reports on existing property conditions.
- Seeking quotations for multiple minor works packages including appointment of contractor within public procurement requirements.
- Chairing start-up & production meetings on minor works contracts.
- Preparing management reports and associated documentation for board meetings.
- Tracking and managing design team performance, actions, programmes and minutes.
- Acting as an interface between the design teams and operations teams.
- Oversight of cost control across multiple contracts, ensuring compliance with organisational management systems.
- Manage information flows, correspondence, schedules and identifying risks and non-compliance at an early stage.
- Monitoring overall site progress against programme and budget and advising of non-compliance.
- Preparing internal reports and documentation as required to ensure clarity on project delivery.
- Working on the development and management of Project Execution Plans, H&S Plans and Gated Control Procedures within the organisation.
The ideal candidates would have the following qualifications and traits:
- Must have a relevant third level qualification.
- Must have at least 3 years’ prior professional experience working in construction. Site experience essential.
- Must have relevant project management / engineering / architectural / building surveying experience in a construction environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of different stakeholders.
- Must be computer literate in MS Office & MS Project.
- Must have a proven ability to work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative when required.
- Must have experience of effectively managing projects and programmes on time and within agreed budget parameters.
- Must be capable of building and maintaining healthy, effective and mutually respectful business relationships with all key stakeholders.
An attractive package is available for the right candidate, coupled with an opportunity to grow within the Practice, facilitated by our career progression model.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your Curriculum Vitae in the strictest of confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org